CFM Consulting Ltd. adheres to a form of coaching that honours the client as the expert in his/her professional life and believes that every client is creative, resourceful, and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client’ self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client as responsible and accountable
Definition of Coaching
Professional Coaching is an ongoing partnership that helps clients produce fulfilling results in their professional lives. Through the process of coaching, clients deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life.
In each meeting, the client chooses the focus of conversation, while the coach listens and contributes observations and questions. This interaction creates clarity and moves the client into action. Coaching accelerates the client’s progress by providing greater focus and awareness of choice. Coaching concentrates on where clients are today and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be tomorrow.
Pledge of Ethics
In the capacity of a professional coach, CFM Consulting Ltd. acknowledges and honours its ethical obligations to its coaching clients and colleagues and to the public at large. It pledges to comply with the following Standards of Conduct, to treat people with dignity as free and equal human beings, and to model these standards with those whom it coaches.
Standards of Conduct
As a professional coach
* I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects well on coaching as a profession and I will refrain from doing anything that harms the public’s understanding or acceptance of coaching as a profession.
* I will identify my level of coaching competence to the best of my ability and I will not overstate my qualifications, expertise or experience as a coach.
* I will, at the beginning of each coaching relationship, ensure that my coaching client understands the terms of the coaching agreement between us.
* I will not claim or imply outcomes that I cannot guarantee.
* I will respect the confidentiality of my client’s information, except as otherwise authorised by my client, or as required by law.
* I will obtain permission from each of my clients before releasing their names as clients or references.
* I will be alert to noticing when my client is no longer benefiting from our coaching relationship and thus would be better served by another coach or by another resource and, at that time, I will encourage my client to make that change.
* I will avoid conflicts between my interests and the interests of my clients.
* Whenever the potential for a conflict of interest arises, I will, on a timely basis, discuss the conflict with my client to reach informed agreement with my client on how to deal with it in whatever way best serves my client.
* I will honour every term of agreements I make with my clients and, if separate, with whoever compensates me for the coaching of my clients.
* I will not give my clients or any prospective clients information or advice I know to be confidential, misleading or beyond my competence.
* I will acknowledge the work and contributions of others; I will respect copyrights, trademarks and intellectual property rights and I will comply with applicable laws and my agreements concerning these rights.
* I will coach in a manner compatible with the above Definition of Coaching and, whenever asked by my clients about my ethical standards, I will inform them of my pledge and agreement to comply with the above Pledge of Ethics and these Standards of Conduct.